Re: four-winged dino -- ptero homology?

    David Peters said:

>Pterosaurs...apparently ran bipedally on
>hind limbs encumbered(?) by flight membranes..." <

    Without a stitch of trackway evidence to back up such a statement,
shouldn't use of the word "apparently" (as applied to bipedal locomotion) be
taken with a very substantial 'grain of salt'?

    Please do us a favor, Dave.  Provide evidence of one, just ONE, bipedal
pterosaur trackway. You could really make your mark pterosaur research
history.

    In saying bipedal, I mean forward progression on the back feet, not on
the front feet. :o)

    Ray Stanford
    Mesozoic Track Project
    College Park, Maryland, USA