Re: Sifaka and Chukar Behavior: Trees Down or Ground Up?

At 11:59 AM +0100 1/24/03, David Marjanovic wrote:

I forgot who wrote that Solnhofen doesn't preserve any flying dinosaurs except *Archaeopteryx*... there is the isolated feather which is more asymmetrical than any known feather of *Archaeopteryx*. More like the foot feathers of *M. gui* :-) or the primaries of a recent flying bird.

How different is it? Now that we know there may have been other feathered critters wandering around Solnhofen, does it look different enough to be from some other animal? -- Jeff Hecht