Re: New in Nature: Birds Galore!

----- Original Message -----
From: "ekaterina A" <a_ekaterina@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2003 6:45 AM

> > I forgot which Bmp is involved in limb formation,
> > [...]
>
> Yes BMP2. See this paper:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list
_uids=12210117&dopt=Abstract

Thanks a lot, but this one is only about feathers. I'll look up which is it
in limbs, should have that somewhere.

> [...] the coelomate clade.

(Appears not to exist, relatively be a misnomer for Eutriploblastica.)

> Nematodes have no Hh homologs

Really?!? Must be a major loss. I assume nematodes with more complicated
body shapes haven't been investigated, only the totally, er, worm-shaped *C.
elegans*?

> Even insect wings are formed under their action

No wonder, insect wings are epipodites and therefore part of the usual
arthropod limb.