Re: four-winged dino -- ptero homology?

David Peters wrote:

>Pterosaurs have all the characters that separate these "bipedal" lizards
from the strictly quadrupedal ones...<

    Could you provide us a reference which convincingly reveals that
pterosaurs are LIZARDS?!!!

    "Leaping lizards!", David, it sounds as though you're talking about a
big leap of faith into fantasy!

    Any I suggest you lay off the "Hello, Dr. Beebe!" invective.  It may
come back to haunt you.  :)

    I'd prefer to discuss pterosaurs with someone with a TRACK RECORD than
with a faith axe to grind.

    Ray Stanford
    Mesozoic Track Project
    College Park, Maryland, USA