Re: Questioms from James Carey?

BRIEF REPLY: I am afraid that this letter answers
nothing, Jaime. Rather, you are conflating syllables.
I did not place a qualifier or quantifier on my
allusion to predation risks, but you have read into
the two words observations I did not propose (all
small theropods, of course, endured predation risk).
Nor did I ask about the capacity of these tiny animals
-- the new Microraptor is 770 mm long -- to be able to
kill (tell me, Jaime: was such a small adult a
voracious hunter capable to extinguishing a bus-size
hadrosaur in a single bound?). My feeling is that
these were, in the main, insectivores and frugivores,
with an occasional tiny lizard or mammal (remember,
Jaime, the animal is 770 mm long) in the diet...unless
one assumes that hundreds of these taxa, in a swarming
flock, attacked enormous prey. "If it built
nests"...this stretches my credulity (of course, they
may have had tiny suitcases to carry their eggs). My
speculative thoughts re: brood patches is the source
of another one of your illogical idiosyncratic
screeds: I asked if there is any evidence preserved
re: a brood patch in these feathered dinosaurs
emerging from China, and it is meaningless to point to
extant dinosaurs lacking brood patches as the
predicate logic of your sentence implies, thus,
pre-K/T feathered dinosaurs lacked them.
Hmm...tyrannosaurs with butt-fans, and running up
inclines, is a fascinating source of dream imagery,
but your iterations are, if attempts at humour, not
translatable in a G-rated forum.
Remember: it was the dog not barking which
precipitates inquiries.