Re: Questioms from James Carey?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephan Pickering" <stefanpickering2002@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2003 8:04 PM

> BRIEF REPLY: I am afraid that this letter answers
> nothing, Jaime.

Really? Then I'll try. :-) What could adaptations on the teeth for
nest-building and for feeding altricial young look like? Given the squished
nature of the feathered fossils, can we find a brooding patch if it is
there?

> My feeling is that
> these were, in the main, insectivores and frugivores,

And one without a question mark -- frugivory in the absence of reasonable
angiosperm fruits (Barremian!) could be difficult. Ginkgos and a few
conifers have reasonably edible fruits (as opposed to just seeds), though.

> "If it built nests"...this stretches my credulity

I don't think we need to assume they weaved nests from twigs, like many
birds do today. Untestable, however.

> a G-rated forum.

What's that?