Re: Pterosaur tracks - whodunnit

Dave Unwin commented:

----- Original Message -----
From: <h0662eka@rz.hu-berlin.de>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 9:31 AM
Subject: Pterosaur tracks - whodunnit

>Pterosaur tracks - whodunnit<

>On 25 Jan David Peters wrote:<

>>'Ray, I know of trackways belonging to ctenochasmatids, pterodactylids,
gallodactylids, anhanguerids, and azhdarchids.'<<

>I mean like, wow, thats amazing. You actually 'know' that these clades made
particular tracks. So how exactly do you 'know' this? I only ask because,
coincidentally, I happen to be writing a review of pterosaur tracks at the
moment
and this kind of statement just takes the whole thing into another
dimension.<

    Yes, Dave Unwin, Dave Peters 'revelation' kind of leaves one scratching
one's head in abject wonder!

    LMAO

    Oh, if only the better known paleoichnologists (the ones with a track
record) were that adept at track interpretation!  :)

    Appreciatively,
    Ray Stanford