Re: the bipedal ptero-challenge

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Stanford" <dinotracker@earthlink.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 7:58 PM

>     Evidently Peters reads people's communications as accurately as he
reads
> osteological and ichnological elements!

I'm not trying to defend anyone... but... you overlooked at the beginning of
this flame war that "these lizards" were not the pterosaurs but those recent
species of squamates that the basal pterosaurs and related prolacertiforms
were compared to. Good that the geosciences library here has Historical
Biology (after having quitted Can. J. Earth Sci. and Palaeontologia
africana, grrr).