Re: the bipedal ptero-challenge

Scott observed:

>1) pterosaurs can't move bipedally like dinosaurs because they a) don't
have their center of gravity in the right place >for a horizontal posture,
b) fail to enlarge their illia anteroposteriorly like theropods do.<

>2) they don't show the adaptatins to upright bipedalism seen in hominids,
especially the double curve in the sacral >series.<

    That first point is an extremely cogent one.

    Thanks for pointing it out.  I had noticed that pterosaur manus (front
foot) imprints are consistently much more impressed into the substrate than
are imprints of the pes (back foot).

    Appreciatively,
    Ray Stanford
    Mesozoic Track Project