Re: Sifaka and Chukar Behavior: Trees Down or Ground Up?

Thanks for the additional input Jaime.  If this animal were capable of
spreading the hindlimbs horizontally, and if hindlimb feather
attachments were capable of transferring flight loads and bending
moments into the hindlimb, then the possibility should be investigated
that the animal occasionally swept the forewing back to the aft wing to
form a semi-delta with extended tips (sort of like the planform of the
McDonnel Douglas/Boeing BWB).  This configuration could have substantial
benefits during the landing approach because of the inboard vortices
that would form at high angles of attack. I am not proposing that the
animals actually did this, just that the possibility should be examined.