Re: the bipedal ptero-challenge

I have no public opinion re Ornithocheirus or Pteranodon launch, but
both types of Quetzalcoatlus appear to have been capable of launching
from flat ground without running in a dead calm, and would still be
capable of doing so in today's atmosphere.  The technique is rather
neat, very efficient, within their ability to generate power (a flapping
launch isn't), and doesn't involve bipedalism or initial mandatory
flapping.
Jim