Pterosaur Crests

With a lot of the discussion focusing on pterosaurs I figured this was a good time to throw a couple questions into the frey:

1. Has anyone done an extensive study on cranial crests on pterosaurs?
2. In that study, (if it exists) has a relationship been found between the size of the crest and the age of the pterosaur sporting it, (if that is possible to know.) What I'm wondering is that if younger individuals have smaller crests than their older counterparts, does that imply that the crest serves a aerodynamic function or is it for display?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Allan D. Smith
Fossilsmith Studios
http://www.fossilsmith.com