ANOTHER EOTYRANNUS NOMEN NUDUM

Yes, what is apparently the fourth nomen nudum for
_Eotyrannus lengi_ has just been brought to my attention
(FYI, the others are _Gavinosaurus_, _Lengosaurus_ and
_Kittysaurus_). It is _Fusinasus lengi_ Hutt 2002 and
appears in an article Steve has published on said theropod.

The new name is mentioned in the text as follows: 'Back to
our dinosaur research! Originally, being rather conservative
in my approach to research, I decided on the rather clumsy
name _Fusinasus Lengi_ [sic] (Leng's fused-nosed
dinosaur), because the most interesting part of the skeleton
are [sic] a pair of fused nasal bones in form similar to those
of _Tyrannosaurus rex_ but only about 1/8th of the size.
After involving colleagues at Portsmouth University, they
came up with a much better name: _Eotyrannus lengi_' (p.
14).

The full citation for this is...

Hutt, S. 2002. Mr Leng's dinosaur. _The Geological Society
of the Isle of Wight Newsletter_ 2 (6), 12-14.

The issue is dated December 2002.

--
Darren Naish
University of Portsmouth UK, PO1 3QL