Re: NEW PALAEONTLOGY & BAT FLIGHT

At 10:53 AM 30/01/03 +0000, darren.naish@port.ac.uk wrote:
Not sure about mystacinids (there is some amazing footage
of them in Episode II of _Life of Mammals_ but I have this
one on video and haven't watched it yet - I don't think it
shows them taking off though). Vampires though have a
phenomenal flight-initiating leap. With wings closed, they
simply jump up vertically (some of their jump is apparently