Re: Greg Paul's biplanes & Qilongia's inert mental butterflies

Stephan Pickering <stefanpickering2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

Viruses to survive must not kill their hosts.

Not a hard-and-fast rule. As long as the host lives long enough to be infectious, then the virus can be spread quite easily. Depends on the virus. Your statement is true for viruses such as Ebola: Ebola kills fast, and the onset of symptoms is rapid and obvious - thereby impeding its spread. HIV also kills people, but it does so slowly. We all know that story.

I know I am stretching my extrapolation here,

I am very glad you're aware of this.

Tim