Re: Therizinosauria or Segnosauria? (was RE: New Dino...)

--- Nick Gardner <ratites637@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Been in the Archives, okay.  Out of curiousity, if one were to define
> Segnosauria as a the same clade as Therizinosauria, then which name would
> have priority?

Under phylogenetic taxonomy, I would consider the first taxon defined (in this
case, _Therizinosauria_) as having priority. For my purposes, a taxon without a
phylogenetic definition is as good as a _nomen nudum_. Of course, nothing's
really official until PhyloCode begins (Jan. 1, 200n), but I'm trying to get a
head start.

> Also, I noticed that towards the bottom of the page, one of the names
> appears to be jarbled, presumedly due to the presence of a special
> character?

Whoops -- fixed. Thanks.

=====
=====> Instant Messenger <Ric Blayze>