Re: Antentonitirus pro-nun-see-a-shun?

Mickey Mortimer (Mickey_Mortimer111@msn.com) wrote:

<Actually, Antetonitrus would probably be thought of as a prosauropod
using the traditional division between the two sauropodomorph groups.
After all,
> it is closest to Blikanosaurus and Lessemsaurus.>

  Aside from *Lessemsaurus*, which was not mentioned by Yates and Kitching
and its position in the analysis thus ambiguous, I beleive the
relationship would be a traditional Melanorosauridae/Blikanasauridae
relationship, which have been for a few decades considered close to the
origin of sauropods more so than other "prosauropods."

<I wonder where Gongxianosaurus would go...>

  Or *Jingshanosaurus* with its fairly sauropod-like skull, or
*Bellusaurus* with its sauropodan vertebrae and primitive leg
structure....

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden