Re: "Flight theory has legs"

James R. Cunningham (jrccea@bellsouth.net) wrote:

<What about Desmondus rotundus (pardon my clumsy attempt at spelling -- I
didn't bother to look it up)?>

  This was why I wrote "the main method;" the common vampire and other
microchiropteran bats can leap up from the ground into flight, as I know
Jim has seen and studied to some degree. But all bats primarily drop from
a hanging position, and this is their main method of getting into the air.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden