Re: Phylogeny of Maniraptora

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 12:32:52PM +0200, David Marjanovic scripsit:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Graydon" <oak@uniserve.com>
> > The hips that support a splayed stance
>
> _if_ they support a splayed stance. Which has still not been
> investigated, or if, then not published. The femoral head has no neck,
> OK, but *Archaeopteryx*, *Rahonavis* and *Jibeinia* share this
> feature.

Well, if they *don't* support a splayed stance, the hind limbs cannot be
used as wings, so there's no grounds for all this fuss.

I have no trouble at all believing in hind and fore limbs winding up
with the same dermal display structures through some kind of
developmental genetic link.

--
oak@uniserve.com | Uton we hycgan    hwaer we ham agen,