Re: Phylogeny of Maniraptora

You're interpreting me correctly.  There are times when being coplanar
would be an advantage.  There are other times when being actively
non-coplanar might offer even more advantage.  I gather from your
phrasing below that you accept hindlimb involvement in all wings
associated with patagiums. If so, is that a functional requirement?