Re: Phylogeny of Maniraptora

> I took it to mean that the airspeed is allowed to
> build up to some number greater than necessary by increasing the sink
> rate, and then the excess speed was converted back to potential energy
> by climbing, in an oscillitory manner.

Many thanks. That's what is described in the paper (just not made clear, to
me, that this is phugoid; they write something about "a novel method of
phugoid gliding"...); I forgot to mention the climbing part.

And where does that funny word come from? :-)

Row, row, row the boat
gently down the stream,
If you see a supercroc,
don't forget to scream!!! <scream>