Re: "Chuniaoae" Ji et al. 1998

Nick Gardner <ratites637@hotmail.com> wrote:

I was printing off the supplementary information for Ji et al. 1998, and noticed that there were diagnoses for two clades -- "Chuniaoae" and Avialae. "Chuniaoae" is not mentioned after that point and appears to be used for the unnamed clade of _Caudipteryx_ + Avialae further down in the text. I suppose this could be the earliest name for the clade containing both paravians and enigmosaurians.

Gauthier and de Queiroz (2001) proposed the apomorphy-based Aviremigia for this clade.