Ouranosaurus' sail

This week weather in Italy is too hot, thus maybe I'm gone mad,
but I was wondering if the sail of Ouranosaurus, rather than a termoregulatory device, could have been a sort of mimicry, which rendered the inoffensive plant eater similar, when seen at a distance, to a more dangerous spinosaur. This perhaps might have discouraged some predators. Any feedback on this wild and non scientific guess (I am the first to admit this) is welcome.
Cheers

Silvio Renesto

_

When people are born they are gentle and soft.
At death they are hard and stiff.
When plants are alive they are soft and delicate.
When they die, they wither and dry up.
Therefore the hard and stiff are followers of death.
The gentle and soft are the followers of life.

                        (Lao Tzu)

Prof. Silvio Renesto Department of Structural and Functional Biology Università degli Studi dell'Insubria via Dunant 3 21100 Varese Tel. +39-0332-421560

e-mail: silvio.renesto@uninsubria.it