Re: Age of Oligocene (post-KT, sorry)

In a message dated 6/15/03 6:50:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ornstn@rogers.com writes:

<< Can someone help me here?  What is the best estimate of the beginning of
 the Oligocene period?  I have found timelines stating anywhere from 38 to
 34 mya.  In fact, what is the most accurate and well-documented timeline
 available (on the internet, by choice)?  Thanks? >>

I recall recently reading somewhere that the dating of the lower Oligocene
boundary remains contentious.