Documentaries

I have a couple of questions about documentaries:

What's the earliest dinosaur documentary out there?  70s? 60s? earlier?

Are there any radio documentaries about dinosaurs ?

Also, are there any independent ones? my friends film streetcorner ladies
and homeless children for their amateur documentaries (just an example, I
mean they want to portray "street life") and I was asking myself why I don't
suggest to them to portray an aspect of "extinct life" by filming at least
amateur paleontologists or interview volunteers and maybe a professional or
two at a dig. They would need about the same budget, I think. They are not
going to kick the behinds of NG or Discovery's glossy ones but I think
decent things can be done. Do you think it's a bad idea? I would like to
know your opinion.

Charles