From: "Justin McGuire" <Justin.McGuire@CSIRO.AU>
To: <TEACHING-SCIENCE@YOUR.ABC.NET.AU>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 12:14 PM
Subject: Science Reporter for a Day

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to make sure everyone on the list was aware of the "Science
Reporter for a Day" competition being run as part of National Science Week.
CSIRO and Ten are giving students between 10 and 15 years old a chance to
interview a scientist and have their interview featured on Totally Wild.

Students can enter via a web site (www.csiro.au/sciencereporter ), where
they also need to vote for which of four scientists they would most like to
interview. The web site also has information about the scientists, including
video clips. The competition focusses on both the scientific work of the
interviewees and their personal lives, so its a nice way to help get across
the "scientists are human too" message.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions about it.

Justin McGuire
--------------------------------------
Justin McGuire
Science by Email Officer
CSIRO Education
www.csiro.au/sciencemail
sciencemail@csiro.au

How would you like to be a science reporter on Network Ten's national TV
program, 'Totally Wild'?

If you're 10 -15 years of age, you can enter this free competition. Soon you
could be winging your way to meet one of our scientists and interviewing
them for the program - you could be famous! To enter, go to
www.csiro.au/sciencereporter
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/mcg240/Application%20Data/Microsoft/S
ignatures/www.csiro.au/sciencereporter>  and register your vote. Hurry -
entries close 27 June!

This list is brought to you by ABC Science Online.
For information about how to manage your subscription, please go to:
http://www.abc.net.au/science/io/faqts.htm