Re: Yay! Cladobabble! :-)

--- Nick Gardner <ratites637@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I find PhyloCode to be interesting, however, I have a few problems.
> Currently, I would like to know why they want all proper taxa to be
> italicized, as opposed to only species, and I suppose the "arbitrary" genus
> as well.

To set them off from informal terms, of course.
I think it makes sense. They're all taxa so there should be some convention to
set them all off. Then you can distinguish between clades and species by
capitalization (well, depending on which method is chosen for species....)

=====
=====> Instant Messenger <Ric Blayze>
=====