RE: Defending grades (Was: Re: Archaeopteryx (rant))

Okay, the whole point of what I am saying is that these distinctions are
arbitrary.  Humans make decisions as to how we should define different clades.
 Different people will define them differently (sometimes slightly, sometimes
greatly).

All my original post was saying is that ancestral line cannot be the only
defining characteristic of a cladogram.

You people sure are contentious and quite strident considering that there
really is no right and wrong.  Look at the best cladogram from 10 years ago
versus today.  In 10 years from now, expect even more changes.

-DG