Re: Meet me & see my website

Thomas Holtz wrote-

> > And, since
> > Enigmosauria isnt defined (correct me if I'm wrong
> > again) but shouldn't it go in quotes?
>
> Yes!!

I must yet again question this practice.  Compsognathidae isn't defined, but
we don't go putting it in quotes.  Nor are many families-  Ceratosauridae,
Iliosuchidae, Dryptosauridae, Itemiridae, Coeluridae, Archaeornithoididae,
Harpyimimidae, Garudimimidae, Deinocheiridae, Avimimidae, Caudipterygidae,
Alxasauridae, Scansoriopterygidae, Archaeopterygidae, Yandangornidae,
Omnivoropterygidae, every enantiornithine group except Euenantiornithes and
Avisauridae.  The same goes for higher taxa.  Is Charadriiformes defined
anywhere?  Is any modern bird order?  There are no rules for defining
family-level taxa in the ICZN, and it doesn't cover higher taxa.  Virtually
nothing is defined in accordance to Phylocode rules, which would only cover
taxa defined on or after January 1 200x anyway.  There is no reason to
recognize varying validity of names of higher taxonomic groups yet.

Mickey Mortimer