Re: Undefined names

--- Nick Gardner <ratites637@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I agree.  Someone needs to publish and define a new name for the
> oviraptorosaur-segnosaur stem.  As asked earlier, is it possible to define a
> stem like this, Clade{Taxon A, Taxon B <-- Taxon C}?

The draft PhyloCode allows it. See 11.9, Example 3.
(Well, it allows it if these taxa are all species.)
In the event that C falls within Clade(A + B), the name would be considered
inapplicable to any clade, at least under that phylogenetic hypothesis.

=====
=====> Instant Messenger <Ric Blayze>
=====