Re: Predation in fossil record?

From: "Bruce Woollatt" <brucewoollatt@hotmail.com>

Apart from the "fighting dinos" and the munched Edmontosaur who lived to talk about it, what other evidence of actual hunting behavior is there in the fossil record?

Although I have yet to see these publications, I would imagine following would help answer your question:

Kelley, P. H., M. Kowalewski and T.A Hansen (eds.). 2003. Predator-Prey Interactions in the Fossil Record. Topics in Geobiology Vol. 20. Kluwer Press.

Kowalewski, M., and P.H. Kelley (eds.). 2002. The Fossil Record of Predation. The Paleontological Society Papers 8.

Jordan Mallon

Vertebrate Paleontology & Paleoecology

Website: http://www.geocities.com/paleoportfolio/
AIM: jslice mallon