Re: Anatomical terms

Graeme Worth wrote:
There are a few anatomical terms I'm having great difficulty finding definitions for. Hopefully one of the anatomy wizards on the list can help out?
autopidal
jugomaxillar arch
nasolacrimal crest

Nasolacrimal crests are crests that run from the nasals to the lacrimals, like those of Dilophosaurus and Liliensternus.

neural pedicle
nuchal ring
os carre
parietal bar
paraoccipital wing

Probably the paroccipital process.

transversum
pubic plate

Probably the pubic apron(?).

ischial foot

A distal expansion of the ilium, look at most non-coelurosaurian tetanurans for an example.

pneumatopore

Sort of a countersink-structure in a bone. See the paroccipital of Archaeopteryx or some dromaeosaurids, I suppose.

Nick Gardner aim s/n Eoraptor22

"But shouldn't you interpret any book, and any one else's words, in light of their convictions insitead of yours? When you're interpreting, you want to know what they believe, don't you? Then you decide whether you believe it or not. But if you don't know what it is, what the other person believes, how can you know whether you agree or disagree with it? [...] That confuses two things, interpretation and belief." - "Socrates", Keeft 1987 (p. 53)