Re: Archaeopteryx (rant)

Nick Pharris <npharris@umich.edu> wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean.  I guess it's metaphysically possible for all
those groups to belong to a clade exclusive of primates, but all recent
molecular (though admittedly, AFAIK, not morphological) evidence indicates
that primates, rodents, bats, hedgehogs, tigers, and perhaps anteaters and
armadillos are all descended from their MRCA as well.

Are these the same molecular studies that showed elephants and golden moles to be closely related?

As per my previous post, I'll take fossil data over DNA data every day of the week (and twice on Sundays).

Tim