T. rex - Hunter or Scavenger... (was RE: Predation in fossil record?)

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Allan Edels
>
> Tom Holtz presented a paper 5 years
> ago that addressed each of the points the Jack has raised over the past
> half-dozen years.  (Jack was there, and talked to Tom afterwards - He
> still didn't agree).

And he still doesn't...

Incidentally, while the technical version of the 1998 DinoFest presentation
is being retooled for resubmission elsewhere (given that the DinoFest volume
has little chance of ever seeing the light of day...), I have a
non-technical version coming out later this year.  This is a Random House
Step-Into-Reading book called "T. rex: Hunter or Scavenger?", where I
actually address issues of limb element proportion, allometry of orbital
diameter, tooth biomechanics, and such.  Features excellent art by Mike
Skrepnick.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742