RE: Re : Informal names (was RE: Meet me & see my website)

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Aegyptiacus@aol.com
>
> Official
> definition is the rule (in an official paper), coining is not.
> Otherwise, Enigmosaurs would be accepted even without brackets.
> And some -idae, -inae, -ini, etc.. too.
> Or did I miss something?

Yes, you are still missing something.  "Enigmosauria" has not been formally
used in the technical literature.  It is, presently, just a fan name.  Hence
it would not be accepted without the brackets.

However, matters are underway to change that.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite