Re: AFROTHERIA, CROWS & SPECIES CONCEPTS

Many thanks for all the rest...

> What is a species? A: whatever a systematist says it is.
> Given that we 'know' that species are artificial (what we
> regard as species are those segments of lineages we
> recognise as distinctive), which forms are regarded as
> species and which are not should be down to little more
> than the consensus adopted by the workers involved.

Great. Let's take this to the PhyloCode mailing list (which hasn't had any
traffic for months) and argue against any ruling about species in at least
the first version of the PhyloCode, which is after all about clades. :-)
Is that an idea?