[Off-topic] PDF FRENZY

> Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 7:08:05 -0500
> From: philidor11@snet.net
>
> I agree that the internet is an effective way to provide information
> to people who are looking for it, but also included is an encomium
> to the PDF format.

I must respectfully disagree with your objections to PDF.  The format
surely does lack flexibility for many purposes, but that's not the
point: what's being distributed is a _paper_, fresh and ready to roll
off your printer.  For that purpose, PDF is eminently suitable.
Certainly much more so than Microsoft's execrable .doc family of
mutually incompatible formats.

)_v__/\  "If I can be of any assistance at all ... then you're in
         worse trouble than I thought" -- Steve Martin, "All of Me"