Re: PDF FRENZY

At 11:47 AM 05/03/03 -0500, Aegyptiacus@aol.com wrote:
IIRC, there was a cross-posting between HP Mike Taylor and I something like a year and a bit more ago about PDF safety on internet and there was doubts as to the reliability of the PDFs against some Unix "cracking" tools. I still agree with Mike and Darren that this format is by far the best ever for online scientific publications. No one, except hackers (whose interest lies far from scientific publication matters), can break the ciphering and it's a lot enough for me. It can be read by anyone on any software platform, and THIS is great.
Jean-Michel

Another benefit: because a PDF file is an exact reproduction of the printed pages, it allows anyone using the paper to cite precise page references for specific quotes.

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court