Re: PDF FRENZY

Here's an example of a problem I have with pdf files.
I receive a copy of a 45 page report, of which perhaps 3 pages,
mostly bits and pieces, are relevant to my topic.  What I want
to do is to extract sections, place them on a separate page,
and intersperse my notes and comments, including both local and
web hyperlinks.  This compilation can be used as references without
having to re-search every time I want to refer to the document,
and may be placed in a common directory for reference by others.
There were a couple of major gambling studies and a meta-analysis
that I cross referenced with a study of my State.  I had to use
either the computer or a flurry of yellow sticky notes.  Believe
me, the computer is much better, once the material is out of
the inert pdf format.
The only time I like to work with paper is when I'm preparing
my narrative.  I think more slowly when writing by hand, and
that's useful for giving myself time to identify weaknesses in
my argument or a clearer method of presentation.  (Fair warning;
this was composed on the keyboard.)
In general, the less you want to do with a document, the more
acceptable pdf formats are.  If all you want is to read and print,
then you're right, you're not missing much.