Waders and fishers

For some time I have now thought about the following question, without
really getting close to an idea:

When we look at today's ecosystems, there are lots of birds (and some
mammals, too), who make a living by shore-fishing - all those wading
birds, herons, ibisses (is that what they are called in english?) and so
on. So it seems that wading along a shore and fishing is an attractive
ecological niche.

My question now is: Where are all the dinosaurian waders and fishers?

I see four possibilities:

They are there and I just don't know about them (most probable).

They were there but did not fossilize (that I would find strange, because
shore animals should fossilize well).

They were not there because there were less fishes around in the mesozoic.
(I have next to no clue on fish evolution.)

They were not there and the niche was unexploited at the time. (And that I
would find most strange).

Any ideas?

                   Dr. Martin Baeker
                   Institut fuer Werkstoffe