Re: Bird-monotreme link?

Allegedly, the Yeti wrote-
Has anyone else heard of the study coming out that reports the results of cytochrome-B analysis between monotremes, crocodylians, aves, and marsupials? Apparently there is a strong molecular basis for linking aves and monotremes. Just curious if anyone else has any information on this?

I've not heard anything, but this reminds me of when there was a paper published that argued that mammals and birds were the sistergroup to each other because they were endothermic.

Nick Gardner