Re: Animal Planet - Giants

Dear Jim, Sounds like you've just joined the "Ignored
Scientific Consultants Club"! Last summer I did some
research and review for Evergreen Fims on their
production of BFORE WE RULED THE EARTH: MASTERING THE
BEASTS for the Discovery Channel. The final production
was was a mercifully changed version of the the
horrendously inaccurate, fanciful scenarios in the
original screenplay; these are too numerous to go
into, but I wanted to say that I understand your
frustration in providing factual data, only to have it
totally or partly ignored. The one saving grace in the
program was a scene in which a hunting party of H.
heidelbergensis pursue a group of giant Megaloceros
deer, their torches blazing, to the edge of a
waterfall, only to have them extinguished by the
spray; the hapless hunters must then face the wrath of
the giant ungulates. -- Mark Hallett
--- "James R. Cunningham" <jrccea@bellsouth.net>