dino finger scutes?

Here's a question, most-likely without a well-founded answer...

How likely is it that dinosaurs (I'm thinking of theropods, particularly) had scutellae running down their fingers? I've seen it pictured before, but wonder if there's any scientific reasoning behind it other than "Oh, well... birds have them on their feet, so by deductive logic, blah, blah, blah..."
Thanks,

Jordan Mallon

Vertebrate Paleontology & Paleoecology

Website: http://www.geocities.com/paleoportfolio/