Re: Pterosaur hairs

There were  enough different species of pterosaurs that I would expect
'hair' analogues and the need therefor to vary substantially between
species.  I can see a possible purpose for 'bushiness' above the
juncture of the neck and shoulders on some species for aerodynamic
reasons, and perhaps along the top of the neck.  I suspect some
preserved 'bushy' bits were post-mortem effects, and would speculate the
need for overall hairiness to be roughly inversely proportional to mass.
All the best,
JimC