Fwd: dino finger scutes?

Dear Jordan,

I'm sure that one fine day we'll soon know the answer,
suddenly revealed by a split of the hammer under a
(probably)Chinese sky. In the meantime, the scute
patterns of any modern orders of birds/avian dinosaurs
are reasonable models for non-avian theropods,
especially dromaeosaurs. They could have easily also
resembled the patterns of living agamid, varanid or
other lizards

--Mark Hallett
Note: forwarded message attached.