Back from the NHM (Jehol dinosaurs)

Wednesday I returned from London and it's Dino-Bird Exhibition at the NHM back
to Bremen.

The exhibition is housed in kind of a summer pavillon inside a darkened
hall. It isn't a big one in numbers of fossils but displays
- both slabs of the London Archaeopteryx
- two specimens of Sinosauropteryx, the holotype and and the larger
  referred specimen
- Protarchaeopteryx
- two specimens of Caudipteryx, among them the holotype
- Dave the "fuzzy raptor", slab and counterslab
- also Confuciusornis, Liaxiornis and Cathayornis

You may call it "Dave and the first wave of chinese dino-birds".

It wasn't crowded there even this week with no entry fee. The regular dinosaur
exhibiton drew more people, where on Sunday it was like in a traffic jam,
"no go" there.

The interesting point for list members may be that after the exhibition closes
in May it will go on an European tour for 4 years. According to information
from the NHM staff the next stop will be in Germany (Darned, why did I
go to London? :-)), perhaps with some additional fossils from the Solnhofen
area. It may even go to the USA, but so far there's no information about this
on the website of the NHM. I was told that information regarding this will be
posted there.

Cheers

Heinz Peter Bredow