Warm-climate autumns

LIST MEMBERS -

I am currently working on a paleo-landscape restoration. This one uses
Florissant plants and animals (34 mya) - but my questions apply to
restorations of late Mesozoic floras as well. Since I live in Colorado,
I'm not that familiar with what autumn looks like in frost-free
climates. Do the following plants drop their leaves with the onset of
cooler weather? Do they change color (reds, yellows)?

poplars/cottonwoods (Populus)
Virginia creeper/woodbine (Parthenocissus)
smooth or staghorn sumac (Rhus)

- DONNA BRAGINETZ