Re: pterosaur dorsal frills

> You heard it here first.
>
> Many, if not all, pterosaurs appear to have a dorsal frill, ala sister
> taxon, Longisquama -- but not as long nor as ornate.

Wow.

> I've checked on
> specimens ranging from MPUM 6009 (Triassic) to Pterodactylus. Anything
> pressed into two dimensions seems to preserve this.

Is preservation always so good? :-/

> Something like this, that has been overlooked for over 200 years, [...]
> PS. I'm serious. And I'm still as shocked as you are.

B-) Haaah, haaah, haaah. Hwaaaarrr, hwwaaarrr, hwarrr...

While this does come as a surprise, I've read somewhere (only once) that
*Pterodactylus* males (identified as such a posteriori, I guess) had
feathers on the occiput. Sounds similar, doesn't it.

"Why the devil am I actually laughing? Just because it's written in the
script?"
-- Eddy Krüger in the gag comic Clever & Smart