RE: Welcome to my hometown

Once again, this message was sent by a virus on SOMEONE ELSE'S COMPUTER!
- Not me!

(The person whose computer is infected is a member of the dinosaur
mailing list, and the virus sends the message to the list using another
valid member's ID).  The use of someone else's ID is calling 'spoofing'.

I know that this is not coming from my computer for several reasons:
I have up-to-date Anti-Virus software (last updated 3/21/2003); I have a
'SpyWare' scanner (up-to-date); and finally, I have 2 versions of my
email address - the DML sends to me at 'edels@email.msn.com' , but I use
'edels@msn.com' when I send out to the DML.  The message appears to
originate from 'edels@email.msn.com'.

Fortunately, the DML truncated the actual virus.

As an aside, professionally I am a computer consultant, and I first
encountered viruses as far back as 1988.  I am familiar with how they
work, and how to protect myself and my PC from them.

I suggest that those of you without Anti-Virus software - go buy some
and use it.  (Note that I do not work for any of the Anti-Virus
companies). :-)

Thanks,

Allan Edels