re: Nyctosaurus dorsal frill

OK, I'll bite.  Can you point me to a particular specimen of Nyctosaurus

that exhibits the frill?

It's the Field Museum specimen. But it's the worst example of the lot (=
hardest to see) and I can only recognize it because I'm looking for a
match to all the other pterosaurs and I've boosted the contrast to the
max. If you can do the same, and you know what to look for, you'll see
it. Without the experience of seeing better examples (=like learning to
read x-rays) I'm afraid you'll have negative results.

David Peters